Cats Litterbox

This is my blog on my trip to America to see my dad and visit all the interesting places around Texas.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Texas Holdem Poker

Texas Holdem is currently the most played form of poker. It can be played with up to 8 players at a table. Players each recieve 2 cards and then 5 cards are later placed out on the table with several betting rounds between the 5 cards. Players still in at the end compare cards to see who has the best hand. I am not sure why it is called "TEXAS" Holdem when it is actualy illegal to gamble real money in Texas. Around where I am staying there are several places to play with play money which my dad does every week. I have been learning how to play Holdem with my dad and so far the best thing I have gotten was a 4 of a kind 7s. At one of my dads competitions he got a straight flush and still got beaten because another person has a higher straight. The game does have a lot of luck involved in it but if you bet right and fold when you need to that there is also a lot of skill involved. A good online poker site that i have found is http://www.partypoker.com/ and this is good because you can play with play money and it is played with an easy to understand interface. If you ever see me at a table my name is "StuartCat007".